Monday 18 February 2013

Too much stuff



I knew before we moved house that we had too much stuff.  Now that it all has to be allocated a new home, I've absolutely had it confirmed!  

Charity shops are partly to blame for my over-consumption, particularly on baby and child things.  Take videos for example.  We must be one of the last households that still uses a video!  Not for taping, just for viewing.  Charity shops tend to price kids' videos between 20p and 50p so I have ended up buying quite a few........!  My daughter from a very early age would decide which she wanted to watch, then delight in operating the video buttons herself.  A good lesson in independence, cause and effect etc!

We pruned our collection (do we really need twelve Kipper the Dog videos?!) and sent them back to a charity shop for some other equally old-fashioned family to enjoy.  

These past few weeks I have visited the charity shops only to drop stuff off, with no browsing allowed so that I don't come home with more.  I am doing well but the car boot season starts soon..................!

Is there anything that you have bought too much of because of the cheap-as-chips price?

No comments:

Post a Comment