Tuesday 14 May 2013

Car Boot Season



The car boot season is upon us once again - although with another wet summer being forecast, it may well grind to a halt very soon!

When we moved into our new home, I made a determined effort to to thin out our belongings as we just seemed to have too much 'stuff'.  Picking up 'bargains' at the car boot sales and in the charity shops was partly to blame.  Now I only go into charity shops to drop things off, with no browsing allowed, so when I went to the boot sale I made sure I bought only things that would be of use.  

My little girl can spend hours playing with Hama beads.  I found the mother lode on one stall!  For £6 I got a pile of the plastic shape boards, eleventy billion beads AND a brand new, unopened, safari theme box.  The safari set, which would retail for about £15, has been squirreled away in my box of gifts for birthdays and Christmas. 

I also bought for £1.50 the Paddington CD and a book with CD.  These have been put aside until our long car journey in the summer.  You can't have too much Paddington!  

Have you been to a boot sale yet this year?  Find any bargains?

No comments:

Post a Comment